+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just been pondering something...

Hybrid View

Red face just been pondering something...

I make no claims of being the sharpest knife in the drawer... That said, Can anyone enlighten me as to the differances between whats called "Chechs nymphing" and the venerable "Brooks Method"... Just curious as to weather I might be missing out on some catching that I've pretty much largely ignored.... nope pretty much never even gave CN a passing thought, Till I found myself skimming over an article today...Seemed to me its something I knew under a diffenent name...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Normand Guest

i think the "brooks method", "high sticking" and "czech nymphing" are pretty much similar to each other with a different name.

"brooks method"

http://books.google.com/books?id=c9G...ishing&f=false

scroll up in the link above and youll find "high sticking"

Norman, in Czech nymphing don't they drag the nymphs through the water a little faster than the current?

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    Norman, in Czech nymphing don't they drag the nymphs through the water a little faster than the current?
    thats why i said "pretty much similar to each other" not "exactly" the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    not always

see "how we fish"

http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/czech/
    Last edited by Normand; 07-26-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Dragging through the water slightly faster than the current...i don't know how old the Czech nymphing technique is but the 'dragging' tech has been around for a good long time. Maybe 60 or 70 years or more...some may relate it to 'Leisenringing' too. They say there's nothing new under the sun but under the water...well...

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Yeah I'm thinking it goes the way of the forweighted bucktail streamer.... if ya make the weight in a different shape.. say like a dumbell.. you can tack on another name... the Leisering lift is wholey different from the brooks method...your not trying to hold the bottom... but make the offering rise from the bottom as a hatching caddis would... That I can grasp the differance of...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread