I don't remember who or where I borrowed these, but they seem appropriate for this bulletin board.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point. " ~Thomas McGuane

In every species of fish I've angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn't, much of the thrill of angling would be gone. " ~Ray Bergman

"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to rem mber what they learned from them. " ~John Gierach

"To him, all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. " ~Norman Maclean

"Why does a salmon rise? Why does a small boy cross the street just to kick a tin can? " ~Lee Wulff

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen. " ~Grover Cleveland

"Lots of people committed crimes during the year who would not have done so if they had been fishing. The increase of crime is among those deprived of the regenerations that impregnate the mind and character of the fisherman. " ~Herbert Hoover

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. " ~ Herbert Hoover

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something. " ~Mitch Hedberg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. " ~Koos Brandt